Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple And Luscious Chocolate Cake

Yesterday evening I was a victim of a ferocious chocolate craving. Normally I don't eat chocolate often but when it hits me I'm just helpless. The only thing I can do is to stay up like hypnotized and go make something chocolaty immediately. I am shamelessly weak. Luckily, this is not the only flaw I have. So I found rapidly a recipe with only few ingredients and that didn't demand the technical knowledge of a French pâtissier.  It is rather of a "whip it up, bake and indulge" kind. I added a white sour cream drizzle over it in the end:
Here is the recipe:

Simple And Luscious Chocolate Cake With Sour Cream Drizzle 

INGREDIENTS:
    For the dough:
      - 2 c sugar
      - 1 c oil
      - 2 c youghurt
      - 1 c milk
      - 3 c flour
      - 4 tbsp cocoa
      - 1 tbsp baking powder
      - 1/2 tbsp baking soda 
    For the syrup:
      - 1 c milk
      - 6 tbsp sugar
      - 1/2 c butter
      - 1/2 c chocolate chips
    For the sour cream drizzle:
      - 4 tbsp sour cream
      - 4 tsp icing sugar
      - 1 tsp vanilla
     - dash of milk

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Cream 4 first ingredients well together in a bowl, add other 4 ingredients and stir well with a wooden spoon. There are no eggs in this recipe! Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
While the cake is cooling, prepare the syrup. In a heavy saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add butter and chocolate chips and stir constantly until chocolate is melted. Pour hot syrup over a cake and let stay for 10 minutes. For the sour cream drizzle, mix all the ingredients with a spoon and serve over cake. Enjoy!

Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

Unknown said...

une perversion des petites

eine kleine Perversion

:-)))

Mama's Girl said...

What he said loool

Yasmine said...

@Bakir: that's a crazy translation, I almost fell from my chair laughing!!!

Sonja @ Craft-Werk said...

I can resist chocolate - but I can't resist good photography. That image is gorgeous, Yasemine. My mouth is watering as I type. Yum - and cream is much more of a temptation to me than chocolate...

Anonymous said...

Why are you doing that to meeeeeeeeeee... I'm hungry for chocolate now! :-)

I'm keeping the recipe. That looks like something even I can't screw up.

Yasmine said...

@Sonja: I love juicy and creamy cakes too! Not a big biscuits / cookies fan.
@Zhu: It's definitely very difficult to screw up this recipe, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...